Hello friends! Long time, no see. I've been MIA for a short while now. To be honest, I was consumed with trying to keep up with every day life, continuing to develop a business and pull off a dream wedding (I had no idea how much time and brain power it would take! That will be discussed soon.) At first, I tried to juggle every part of my life, but the "to-do's" came crashing down. I went back and read last year's New Year's Resolution post and I realized that it was ok if I needed to put a few things to the side to maintain my sanity. So, here I am...back to my love of blogging about inner and outer beauty. Thanks for all your support.
You may be asking, "What was in your New Year's post that inspired you to take a break?" First, I would highly encourage you to read the original post because it's about a truly life changing "ah ha" moment for me. In short, It was the belief that I was enough for the day. I could make goals, work towards them...but I had permission to be content with where I was and not pressure myself to do more than I could handle. I could be free and not so critical of myself in other words.
This year, I want to take it one step further. I'm a huge believer in the power of words. I often say things over myself to give myself a little pep talk. I thought I would put this concept of "being enough" into declarations that you and I could say over ourselves. Read them. Let them hit home, and repeat them as much as needed until you actually believe the words and believe in yourself a bit more.
I AM ENOUGH FOR TODAY.
- My value is not based on what I do, how I look or how well I perform. I have worth regardless of these things.
- I will not compare myself to others. Comparison is the stealer of joy. I am my own person with a unique purpose in this world.
- I will treat myself with kindness by choosing to speak lovingly, not harshly, over myself. I will extend grace to myself as much as needed.
- No matter what happens, I choose to love myself so that I can better love others.
- I will be confident in what I say, what I do and who I am. I will not second guess myself.
- I have a choice to how I respond to life. I will let laughter and joy be my immediate response.
- I value what my life looks like today. Today is taking me to where I am going, regardless of what its appearance looks like. It's a needed page in the story of my life.
- Busyness is a choice. There is enough time in the day for everything that needs to get done. Everything else can wait. I choose to be content with how this day plays out and what it brings.
- I am not in control of everything that is going to happen today. I will choose joy in the face of set-backs and appreciate the events of today instead of playing the victim.
- I will not look at social media and believe that I'm any less of a person than someone's portrayed perfect life. Everyone has moments of joy and hardship and I'm no different.
- I give myself permission to practically take care of myself today. (I will give 10 minutes to myself. I will let myself stay in the car until this song is done. I will light a candle. I will make that cup of hot tea. I will let myself say no to going out and enjoy a hot bath instead.) I, and others, will benefit from this.
I AM ENOUGH FOR TODAY.
Thank you to the friends that have listened to my "being enough" thoughts and for contributing a few of these declarations ideas. We're all on this journey together.